Pages

16 April 2014

Yard and Garden

Garden view for March 2014


These photos are a few weeks old.  I took them thinking of a blog post and then didn't get around to doing it so now they're old and things have changed a bit. (Flickr has changed some things and the below photo is now slides - just hover over to see the arrows to click through the photos in the Yard and Garden 2014 set on Flickr.)(You might not be able to do that if viewing this post in your email.)



The garden bed furthest from the gate was planted first.  I planted carrots, radishes, kohlrabi, lettuce, and broccoli.  Those have all come up; the lettuce and kohlrabi the first to make an appearance.  I planted the other bed this last last weekend with the same (minus kohlrabi because I was out of those seeds) and to make things a bit more organized (and to help keep track of where I planted) I marked out sections with twine.


Garden view for April 2014


I have the hoop houses open during the day and closed at night (if it's predicted to be below 40F).  It's getting about 30 degrees warmer inside when all closed up which means I could have them up this fall and growing things until November or December.  Then next spring I should be able to start in February or the beginning of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a